Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Boy and Chuck Norris

So I try to keep the kids involved in current events, whether it be conversations about asylum, the death penalty, or politics. I am left leaning (probably waaaay over), but I am thrilled even if the kids disagree with me, as long as they can defend their views. Until this.

I took The Boy with me to vote last year. I always take one child with me and let them read over the ballot, tell me what they would do and why, and then I vote however I want. (I am sure the people behind us in line hate me) I was explaining to The Boy why there are some spaces I left blank, such as cadidates without opponents. Especially if I don't agree with that candidate.

The Boy says "NO! Write in Chuck Norris".

I am puzzled. Didn't even know he knew who Chuck Norris was. I know he has never seen a Chuck Norris movie. I asked why.

The boy starts karate chopping the air and said "Chuck Norris can strangle a guy with a cordless phone"

I still don't see how that qualifies him to be the treasurer for our county. In 7 years, I bet Chuck Norris will be written in a lot, all by The Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment